PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION TEMPORARY HALT TO IMMIGRATION
Effective April 23, 2020, President Trump issued a Presidential Proclamation halting all Immigrant and Non Immigrant visa’s for 60 days at all American Embassy’s and Consulates. The issuance of H-1B; TN, L-1 and F-1 non immigrant visa’s are exempt.
This proclamation does not apply to those individuals already in the United States.
The Proclamation only applies to all those who are:
- Outside the United States between April 23, 2020 thru June 23, 2020
- Not in possession of either a valid immigrant visa or an official travel document, e.g. Advanced Parole; and
- Not one of the categories of immigrants who are exempt from the Proclamation.
Specific categories of those seeking to enter the U.S. on an immigrant visa are exempt from the Proclamation. The exempt groups are:
- Permanent Residents of the United States
- Healthcare workers and their immediate family
- Other individuals coming to the United States to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or alleviating the effects of COVID-19
- Spouses and children of U.S. citizens
- EB-5 investors
- Special immigrants in the SI or SQ Class and immediate family
- Any individual whose entry is in the national interest of the U.S.
The Proclamation may be extended beyond 60 days if President Trump deems it necessary to do so.